I have completed three sewing components for my sister-in-laws birthday gift.
I got an email on Monday that my latest purchase from Brambleberry.com is on its way. I hope I get it today or tomorrow. It has all the goodies to make bath/shower bomb/fizzies that I will post under the home beauty tutorial. I also will put a body oil recipe on there as well. I need to find a cool glass jar/bottle to put it in. I think she will be pleasantly surprised!
My mother-in-law wants me to sew THREE more Market totes for her in May for her sisters and she wants some of my bath products!
For the sake of putting this post under TUTORIALS, I am going to add my photos and the instructions from Sewmamasew with this post:
- Rice Therapy Bag with washable cover:
- Materials needed:
- Fabric scraps
- 1/4 yard of linen or other fabric (I used white linen from Joann)
- 1/4 yard muslin
- 2 # of medium grain or short grain rice
- essential oil
- 4″ of 3/4″ wide velcro
- Cut Fabric
- 2 colored strips 2″ x 7.75″
- 1 colored strip 3″ x 7.75″
- Short linen piece 9.875″ x 7.75″
- Long Linen Piece 14.625″ x 7.75″ for back
- – 2 Muslin pieces 12.75″ x 7.75″
- Sew front strips together using a narrow 3/8″ seam allowance. Press the seams how you like to the side or open, to set them.
- I didn’t show however – Turn the pieces right side up. Open up the 1″ crease. Center and pin the velcro to the right side of the fabric, above the crease but slightly below the top, folded edge. Pin the hook piece to one fabric piece and the loop piece to the other and carfefull sew the perimeter of the velcro. Use a short stitch to do so, so it can withstand the pulling while being opened.
- Pin the pieces right sides together, the velcro will help hold close, however, you can add pins if you would like to. sew around the sides and the bottom, starting at the top of one side. (Don’t let your seams get sloppy like mine. I was lazy and didn’t go back and correct)
Trim the seam allowance.
- Fold the velcro edge to WRONG side using the 1″ crease mark you made earlier.
- Sew around the top edge of the bad just below the velcro.
- This is my completed rice therapy pack and my coldpack. (Follow the same instructions for the cold pack. I just altered my fabric sizes and velcro.)
Turn it right side out and fill with rice.
Stitch the bag closed.
Place the muslin in the velcro bag.
I am still waiting for my essential oil blends to mix with the rice for the heat pack. I will use Flaxseed and lavendar buds (I buy them at Vitamin Cottage here in Colorado) for the eye pillow, and buckwheat for the cold pack.
- This is the fabric I chose for my eye pillow with white linen at the back. It matches the tote to tie it all together.
The package may be a little late; however, I am okay with that.
If you make this please share your results or if you have made something like this please share!